What You Need to Know About Property Title Transfer in Thailand

A Property Title Transfer in Thailand is the process of changing an existing land title into a new one. It is a fairly simple process and can be done in a matter of hours.

The most important thing to remember when transferring a title deed is to be sure that the documents are complete and correct. This is especially true if the land you are transferring is not already owned by you.

There are a few different types of Title Deeds in Thailand that you can use to transfer ownership of your property. These include Chanote, Nor Sor Saam Gor, and Sor Kor Nung.

A Chanote property title is the highest type of land title in Thailand and gives you full ownership rights. This type of title also allows you to sub-divide, assign, and transfer your property. This is the most common type of title in the country and is found in more developed areas.

It can be difficult to find a Chanote title, and it is usually expensive. If you are looking to purchase a Chanote, it is recommended that you consult with an expert on this topic before making a purchase.

The process of transferring a land title in Thailand can be challenging if you are a foreigner. It is best to have a Thai lawyer with you who can navigate the process for you.

In addition to the property title deed, there are other key documents that you will need. These documents include a Pre-emption certificate and a notification of possession.

These documents are very useful in confirming that the property you want to transfer is legally yours. They also prove that you have occupied the land for a certain amount of time, which is crucial in the case of property fraud.

A pre-emption certificate is a legal document that indicates the owner of the land has occupied it for at least a certain period of time. It is also important to verify that the property you are transferring is free of encumbrances, such as mortgages and leases.

Another important document is a Sor Kor Nung, which is a claim certificate that confirms the land you are transferring is yours. This document will not give you a full title deed, but it is sufficient to legally establish that the land belongs to you.

There are two ways to obtain a Sor Kor Nung, and they both involve claiming the land with the Land Department. The first method involves filling out a Sor Kor Nung form and paying the required fee. The second method requires you to wait for a period of time before the Land Department can issue your claim certificate.

Regardless of the method you choose, transferring your property title is a serious process and should not be attempted on a speculative basis. A faulty claim may result in the Land Department repossessing your property for years to come, which is why it is important to ensure you have all of the right documentation before buying or selling.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram